FCA’s Statement of Faith helps us keep Christ the center of our ministry with a clear understanding of what we believe. As a ministry, we focus on what we agree on, not what we disagree about. FCA does not deal with doctrinal differences like the gifts of the Spirit and baptism. This allows us to be inter-denominational while keeping Christ at the core of our ministry.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
2. We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Deity - John 1:1, 14); (Atonement - Hebrews 9:15-22); (Virgin Birth - Matthew 1:18, 25); (Bodily Resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:18); (Sinless Life - Hebrews 4:15); (Personal Return - Hebrews 9:27-28)
4. We believe that for the Salvation of lost and sinful men (and women), regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (John 3:16; John 5:24; Titus 3:3-7)
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose in-dwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13, 14)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - the saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (Matthew 25:31-46, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 2:1-4)
8. We believe God’s design for sexual intimacy is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman to complement and complete each other. God instituted marriage between one man and one woman as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
9. We believe that God created all human beings in His image. Therefore, we believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; that we must honor the physical and spiritual needs of all people; and by following Christ’s example, we believe that every person should be treated with love, dignity and respect. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37- 39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
STUDENT LEADERSHIP STATEMENT
Just as “captains” are held to a higher standard for their team, FCA Student Leaders are held to a higher standard of biblical lifestyle and conduct. God desires all of His people, especially leaders, to pursue His standards of holiness through their conduct and obedience. Paul the Apostle instructed young Timothy to live similarly in 1 Timothy 4:12. (NLT):
“Do not let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity [chastity].”
FCA Student Leaders are not always perfect examples, but they do their best to live and conduct themselves in accordance with biblical values and instruction in order to glorify God. If there are questions about what God says regarding how we live our lives, FCA encourages student leaders to look to the Bible as their Playbook and speak to a FCA Adult Volunteer or Staff member if there are further questions.
CHRISTIAN CHARACTER & MISSION
To express and exercise FCA’s Christian beliefs, all FCA representatives shall contribute to FCA’s Christian character and mission. Accordingly, each FCA representative shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God and comply with the following obligations.